tech2 was founded in 1998, commencing as a supplier of installation and service technicians for Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) networks and subsequently deploying a supportive workforce for a number of telecommunications industry leaders across Australia.
Operating as a 100% privately owned group of companies, tech2 successfully developed a solid group of brands and service offerings, providing leading edge, professional technology services and solutions to customers and achieving world-class Net Promoter Scores.
On 5th September 2014 iiNet Limited (“iiNet”) (ASX: IIN) announced that it had acquired a 60% interest in The Tech2 Group to partner with founder, Glen Powys.
iiNet noted that “The investment in Tech2 Group represents a unique opportunity to partner with a business with a strong focus on market-leading customer service for nbn installations, in-home audio/visual installations and desktop support.”
Effective 24 Aug 15, iiNet was 100% acquired by TPG Telecom Limited with tech2 continuing to operate as a stand alone entity.
- telecommunications | tech2, provides turnkey, national solutions for a range of installation, service and maintenance activities across the telecommunications market, being a major delivery partner to nbn for the deployment of fibre, copper and HFC services and Tata Consulting Services for validation of their Fibre to the Node designs.
- audio visual and home automation | tech2 provides home and office installation services for audio visual technology including the rapid rise of ‘home automation’ solutions. It is our ability to provide a one-stop holistic inhome and office offering, that sets us apart from other installers and has allowed us to partner with some of the leading retailers and home automation providers in Australia.
- IT services | tech2 provides Australian based (Sydney) remote and over-the-phone IT support to residential consumers, offering the choice of one-off single services, and monthly or annual peace-of-mind subscriptions. For businesses, onsite maintenance services and on-demand support services can be scaled and tailored to meet client needs. The gizmo brand is also available (acquired by tech2 in 2012), for businesses looking for an alternative brand offering.
- business solutions | the commercial arm of tech2, provides audio visual services (including automation solutions), from installation to routine maintenance; as well as IT solutions on a commercial scale including hotels, building corporations, schools and retail chains (routine maintenance to on-demand support solutions).
- workforce management solution | StreamLine is a proprietary Workforce Management Solution, utilised across all tech2 lines of business and customers and is licenced to partners including nbn, Silcar and Harvey Norman.